Good article by Chad Berndston over at CRN discussing Cisco and Keith Goodwin’s recent changes to his executive team responsible for partners worldwide: Cisco’s Goodwin: New Executive Lineup Built To Last.
“Resale partners account for more than 80 percent of Cisco’s revenue.” That’s proof positive of Cisco’s commitment to the channel. What’s impressive is the consistency in Cisco’s partner programs even as leadership changes have occurred over the years. Seeing it first hand, I believe Cisco’s partner strategy starts at the top with John Chambers and execution being driven by Keith and his leadership team.
I wholeheartedly agree with Kent MacDonald’s comment in the article that Jim Sherriff, who visited us just this past week, is a “straight talker.” Jim is the new senior vice president of U.S. and Canada channels and is equally intent on listening to the needs of partners on topics that range from partner profitability to taking advantage of market opportunities like cloud computing.
The changes in the lineup include:
- Edison Peres, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Channel Organization;
- Wendy Bahr, Senior Vice President, Global and Transformational Partnerships;
- Scott Brown, Vice President of Worldwide Distribution;
- Jim Sherriff, Senior Vice President, U.S. and Canada Channels; and
- Dave O’Callaghan, Vice President, Worldwide Commercial Sales.
I wish Wendy, Jim, Dave, Edison and Scott well in their new roles.