Several internal emails “floated” around on Friday regarding cloud computing. There was a suggestion that we should pilot or trial more “cloud computing” type applications in order to accelerate our expertise in this area.
I got to thinking about an earlier post where I summarized a number of the collboration apps we used that were SaaS-based. And then I thought about all of the applications we use and the list was quite long:
- Customer Relationship Managment
- Enterprise Document Management
- Helpdesk / ITIL
- HR Software
- Video and Teleconferencing
- Hosted document sharing & project management
- WebEx Connect – document sharing and general collaboration
- On-line surveys
- Marketing Automation integrated into Salesforce.com
- Compensation Management
- List Management integrated into our SaaS CRM
- HR / Recruitment
- Instant Messaging & Video Chat
- Facebook / Linked In / Twitter - Marketing & Social Networking
That’s over a dozen apps that are used by our 1,200 employees on a daily basis.
We’re in the cloud and we didn’t even know it!